Before you do any work, it makes sense to first learn about the environment you’ll be working in.
During this course you will learn:
- how to navigate the folders on your Mac, using Finder
- how to get to your Home folder, and understand the role of each folder inside it
- how to use Finder windows
- macOS terminology: putting a name to the features you’ll use every day
- the significance of your macOS user account, and how to change your password
- how to manage your files using Finder
- how to access System Preferences, and look at its various features
If you’re new to Apple Mac computers, this course will teach you the fundamentals you need to hit the ground running.
Intended as a building block towards self-sufficiency, it is the starting point that will serve you for years to come.
This Course – 30 Day Access
30 days access, one-off payment.
All Courses – 30 Day Access
Get access to all Mac Thing Courses for 30 days thorugh a Membership Plan.
All Courses + 1 Hour Coaching
Get access to all Mac Thing Courses for 30 days. Plus, 1 hour remote coaching (date and time of coaching arranged by email).